• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 honda fit crystal black pearl *swirl marks*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 honda fit crystal black pearl *swirl marks*

Hey guys I recently picked up a 2010 fit in crystal black pearl, and I love the car. However, since the snow has melted and we've started getting some nice sunny days, I'm being driven crazy by the immense amount of swirl marks and fine scratches in the finish. A couple tiny scratches here and there don't irk me too much, as its obviously a daily driver. But those wretched swirls, EVERYWHERE, really grind my gears. I'm sure it's mainly from taking it through delta sonic for washes, by the last owner and myself, and I will definitely have to abstain from that practice in the future. My question is, what products and procedures do you think would be best on this paint? I don't own a buffer yet, but may be able to get my hands on one, but I also don't know much about them and don't want to risk further damage by using a cheap one. I would be fine with trying to work by hand one panel at a time, and since I understand this paint is apparently quite soft I think I might be able to get quite decent results by hand. I'd love to hear any tips and advice you guys might have, and as a novice to paint finish detailing I can use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Re: 2010 honda fit crystal black pearl *swirl marks*

Invest in a dual action polisher. It is money well spent, will save you much time and effort, and improves your final work product. In the Meguiar's consumer line, try Swirl-X and if that is not enough, move on to Ultimate Compound. Also, I have not tried it yet on my black Subaru, but I hear the new Meguiar's wax for black cars is great.

Comment

Try the least aggressive route first. SwirlX works well, even by hand, you can follow this up with Ultimate Polish for further refining or a pure polish like Deep Crystal Polish or Show Car Glaze (M07). Finish up with Ultimate Wax for maximum protection. With that combo, you should get that deep, wet, crisp shine. Your paint will look darker and at the same time bring out the pearl finish from your paint.

Maintain with Ultimate quik detailer for light dust removal, for car wash use Gold CLass Shampoo (use weekly or as needed), use Ultimate Quik wax in between.

Invest in quality car wash mits, foam and microfiber applicators and microfiber towels and practice proper car wash techniques to prevent future swirls and scratches.

Comment

These posts should help:

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');