• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a new car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new car!!!

Hey yall! Ive been detailing for awhile but quit due to being busy and going to school and not having a garage. Im headed to NC to see my parents next week but I want everyones opinion on the best options for my new ride (and to show it off) haha!
    Its a 2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 SXT Special Edition. I didnt want the turbo due to possible issues/higher ins and i wanted an auto cause im 20 and dont know how to drive a stick shift. lol

How is dodge's paint? Super hard? Soft? It has this "$1,500 paint protection"...is it just a gimmick?
    What yall think?
    I plan to just do a wash, clay, and wax? Ideas Thanks for looking!!!!

Re: Got a new car!!!

Congrats on your new ride! One way to test the hardness of paint is through paint cleaners like SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0 and Ultimate Compound. Used properly, these should leve the paint mostly swirl free with no marring.

For quick detailing, gold class or any equivalent car wash, clay, cleaner wax. Either ColorX or Black wax, black wax will work well with dark colors due to its higher polishing oil content, then fininsh up with Ultimate Wax for maximum protection. Maintain with Ultimate Quik detailer and Ultimate quik wax to keep that shine and protection going

Comment

There's a guy in work with has a Dart too. He was also told that it had a paint protection on it. Things is you don't know if it is true or not. They told me the same thing when I bought my Cobalt. Of course when ingot it home I notice it had over spray on it. So I had to clay it and then I waxed it. But did they tell you not to wax your car for awhile because of the paint protection?

Comment

What wax do yall reccommend? I wanna try something new. So not nxt 2.0. Lol

Comment

Cool ride! Best of Luck!

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
          "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

They're all great products, but If you want the best durability, Ultimate Wax (paste or liquid) is the way to go, NXT 2.0 while no longer the most durable is still a very good product it's been around for a while so it is a proven product. Gold Class Carnauba plus is the least durable, but gives the deepest, wettest looking shine.

But on a well prepped surface, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between those 3 waxes.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride! It looks really nice.

I seem to recall some time ago you were tossing up between another SX4 and something else? This is totally different to what you were thinking about, but a good choice IMO.

Try some clay, Black Wax and then UW on that baby. I bet it turns out beautiful!
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                Congrats on the new ride! It looks really nice.

I seem to recall some time ago you were tossing up between another SX4 and something else? This is totally different to what you were thinking about, but a good choice IMO.

Try some clay, Black Wax and then UW on that baby. I bet it turns out beautiful!
                Haha. Well I actually bought a 2013 sx4. On the way home from KS to GA I fell asleep and wrecked it. It cost my ins $12k to fix it. After that it was never the same. They did a great job but just knowing about the wreck killed me mentally. It was 20 hrs old when it was wrecked. A major mistake on my part. They gave me a ton in my trade in.
                I hope to keep this one damage free. I plan to mod it and keep it a very long time.

Comment

You need to find out what kind of coating they put on it. If its a true Nano Coating anything you do to it will fall off. There is nothing you're supposed to do after you coat a car with nano coating.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
                    Haha. Well I actually bought a 2013 sx4. On the way home from KS to GA I fell asleep and wrecked it. It cost my ins $12k to fix it. After that it was never the same. They did a great job but just knowing about the wreck killed me mentally. It was 20 hrs old when it was wrecked. A major mistake on my part. They gave me a ton in my trade in.
                    I hope to keep this one damage free. I plan to mod it and keep it a very long time.
                    Whoa... ok. Sorry to hear about that. Let's hope things work out better with this one!
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');