• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D301 Finishing Wax! Can it cure overnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D301 Finishing Wax! Can it cure overnight?

Can I let the D301 Finishing Wax cure overnight or should I remove it within 3-5 minutes only!?? I know in the videos I've seen they say you can let it dry to a hze then wipe off or wipe it off still wet. I'd like to know if I can leave it set all night and actually until about 4:30 pm tomorrow night. Let me know tonight if you can, as I'm looking to finish up the correction on the Suburban tonight then hit it with the FW!! thanks.
    Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Re: D301 Finishing Wax! Can it cure overnight?

If the car will get dusty, I wouldn't.

If not dusty, you could let it sit. Wont hurt anything... not sure if removal will get any harder.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just got done with the compounding. I am NOT putting the wax on now, lol. It's 10pm. Main work 8-4 then right to swirl removal from 4:30 - 10. I'm pooped. 5-1/2 hours tonight and 3-1/2 hours last night. I must be dedicated because I missed some season finale shows tonight.

Oh well, anywho, I'll put the wax on tomorrow night about 4:30 and let sit for maybe 30 minutes. May double check everything and hit a panel or two again for a little more clear coat removal, er uh I meant swirl/scratch removal, lol before the D301.
      Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

that shouldn't be a problem. I'd wash it, I always wash after compounding anyways. So washing the next day would be in the scheme of things.
        If you wax with a thin enough coat you can wipe it within a few mins of applying it. Usually after I'm finished waxing I wipe it off after a few mins.
        As long as it's dry you can remove it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');