• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber pads usage per vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber pads usage per vehicle?

How long can I use a pad per vehicle?
    Can 1 be used for 1 vehicle or can I use it for multiple vehicles?

I have 2 DMC5 pads now. Just used 1 on my current correction I'm doing. I have 2 DMF5 pads as well. I'm sure those will last longer.

I noticed pink dust a couple times last night when using the DMC5 pad after fluffing with the brush. Can too much compound get on the pad. It seemed I was having trouble fluffing the pad at times, as parts of it were still matted down. I got the goal of correction accomplished, but want to make sure I'm not doing something inccorect.

Also how to clean thse pads.

I use the nylon cleaning brush after every panel to fluff up the fibers.
    Can I wash them in the washer?
    Can I wash them withe the foam pads?
    Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Re: Microfiber pads usage per vehicle?

Originally posted by Show 'N' Shine Car Detailing View Post
    How long can I use a pad per vehicle?
    Can 1 be used for 1 vehicle or can I use it for multiple vehicles?

I have 2 DMC5 pads now. Just used 1 on my current correction I'm doing. I have 2 DMF5 pads as well. I'm sure those will last longer.

I noticed pink dust a couple times last night when using the DMC5 pad after fluffing with the brush. Can too much compound get on the pad. It seemed I was having trouble fluffing the pad at times, as parts of it were still matted down. I got the goal of correction accomplished, but want to make sure I'm not doing something inccorect.

Also how to clean thse pads.

I use the nylon cleaning brush after every panel to fluff up the fibers.
    Can I wash them in the washer?
    Can I wash them withe the foam pads?
    I use multiple pads on a vehicle regardless of cleaning/fluffing between panels. 2 pads could work but 3-4 can be even better. Although keeping pad count down will help save on product used for priming each time, you want to weigh that with keeping clean pads on the paint.

Other than priming, make sure to use 2-4 small pea sized amounts (and realistically pea sized) only when applying product. Less is more, these things gunk up quickly when too much product is used killing cut and finishing ability. May explain your trouble fluffing.
    I am a fan of misting the pad with water every once in a while to just reconstitute the product already in pad that is drying. This also helps reduce dusting. You want those microfibers to have product on them but remain as light and fluffy as possible.
    But really less is more. Can't say it enough.

Cleaning while detailing can be done with the nylon brush like you use or compressed air.
    If using nylon brush to reduce dusting clean at slow rotation speeds.
    Also this is better for the microfibers themselves.

I always wash mine in the washer after use, and have yet to have issues. Megs pads are backed by Megs guarantees so you can machine wash them worry free.
    I wash all my stuff together; towels, foam pads, microfiber...

This is honestly a great system when used properly. I couldn't get any cut or corrections on my hard paint until I found this kit. I have used this kit on pretty much all of my corrections, it's even better appropriate on some of the cars with softest paint.
    If you have photos of the pads I can help determine what you can change to prevent the issue. Good luck!

Comment

Re: Microfiber pads usage per vehicle?

ok thanks for the info. I may be in a pickle for my next correction on memorial day weekend. I only have those 2 MF pads and 1 is now used on the burb I just did. I don't have the funds to purchase them before that weekend with bills. AHHHH Someone HELP!! Anyone wanna send me some DMC5 pads to get me by, then I'll get some and have them sent to you? lol Kind of funny, but serious at the same time.

I hate to have to cancel because not having pads. I've already had to move him around twice now.
      Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');