• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT, #20 and Now #21...Cleaner question...NO FLAMING PLSE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT, #20 and Now #21...Cleaner question...NO FLAMING PLSE.

I have been using and liking# 20 and NXT and have been applying #20 first allowing the proper cure/set-up time and then topping with NXT.

Now WITH OUT starting a CLEANER /product war is the NXT removing or diminishing the #20?

and now I see you have a new product #21 (M-2164) Synthetic Sealant That Tim aka. 2hotford stats that might have a little more cleaners then the 2 mentioned above.

Should I consider using the products in the order of the most cleaner to the least when doing multi coats?
    I'm looking for best wet look that lasts a long time through multi washings....that's all

Here's a sample of what I do to my veh. on a "as needed basis"
    (depending on need)
    wash (always needs)
    clay bar (maybe twice a year)
    wash (when claying)
    #83 w/ a W-8006 polishing pad (once a year)
    #82 w/ a W-8006 polishing pad (3-4 times a year)
    #20 w/ a W-9006 Finishing Pad (always)
    NXT w/ a W-9006 Finishing Pad (more often then #20)

Thanks
    Rich
    If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
    DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Not a flame at all - I suggest picking either the #20 or the NXT and just stick with that one for a while. Try the new NXT QD to see if that give you the wet look that you want.

Tom

Comment

Hey Rich,

Actually, in my opinion, the cleaners in #21 are extremely mild. I know that #21's cleaning ability was supposed to be between #20 and NXT, but IMHO, I feel that #21's cleaning ability is much closer to NXT, which is also extremely mild.

As for which to use first, I would not worry about the order. I would probably use #20 or #21 and top it with the NXT.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

If you've left #20/#21/NXT to cure for 24 hours or more, then applying #21 or NXT on top, the cleaners won't be able to remove the previous layer applied.
        That's just what I've experienced.

Comment

Ok guys,

If #20 and #21 are both sealants, why top them with another sealant like NXT? I can almost understand the carnauba topping thng, but not topping with another sealant, espcially one that has slight cleaning ability.

Tom

Comment

Hey Tom,

I usually just use 2 coats of either NXT or now #21 and leave it at that. If I use #20 I like to top it with either #26 or #16.

I think the reason some would top one sealant with another is that each sealant carries a unique look. For example, #20 is very reflective whereas NXT is more deep and wet looking. Some may feel that combining these gives the look they are after rather than using the individual products on their own.

Just comes down to personal preference!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

#20 is definitely highly reflective. But so is the #21, you don't really see the difference until you get it out in direct sunlight, but the reflectance in the sun is amazing. NXT is very reflective too, but the look is a little bit different, maybe deeper. Now I have a hard time deciding between #21 and NXT.

I don't know if a topper can improve the looks of either #21 or NXT. But after hearing the great reviews of #16 as a topper, it sounds like it is worth a try. Is it still possible to find #16 from a PBE dealer?

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

2hotford
                I think the reason some would top one sealant with another is that each sealant carries a unique look. For example, #20 is very reflective whereas NXT is more deep and wet looking. Some may feel that combining these gives the look they are after rather than using the individual products on their own.
                Tim
                I can not agree more with this statement, It is amazing to be able read street signs and licences plates 60-70 ft.away through the reflection....of corse I'm talking about black, after the posses I do the shine/clarity is there for a long-long time even though I know the protection is not, and that is why I posted in the first place...even thought were talking a few mil. of protection I'm trying to find a combo that out shines and out lasts the best.

Thanks for all who posted back
                Rich
                If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

I'm almost tempted to give #16 a shot as an NXT topper. I purchased one of the last two cans on my dealer's shelf for "old times" sake. Unfortunately I still remember that in the "old times" when #16 was all I had, it was a real ----- to get off. Long live NXT as is!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
                    I'm almost tempted to give #16 a shot as an NXT topper. I purchased one of the last two cans on my dealer's shelf for "old times" sake. Unfortunately I still remember that in the "old times" when #16 was all I had, it was a real ----- to get off. Long live NXT as is!

Tom
                    I would bet that the #16 would be easier to remove with an UB on a PC! You can still apply it by hand, then remove with the PC.

RamAirV1
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                      I would bet that the #16 would be easier to remove with an UB on a PC! You can still apply it by hand, then remove with the PC.

RamAirV1
                      But then my can of #16 would lose its value. I'm counting on the money that I receive for this unopened can from some Obsessive Compulsive Detailer to help me through my retirement. Seriously, I may just give it a try as RamAirV1 suggests.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                        Is it still possible to find #16 from a PBE dealer?
                        RamAirV1
                        Sure. How much you looking for?

SL

Comment

I would probably buy one can if I decided to get some.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');