• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pad to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pad to use

I have a 2011 Nissan Frontier that is black in color. The paint is in good condition, no swirls or scratches. I am planning on waxing it using the black wax using the DA. I have the 8207 polishing pad and the 9207 finishing pad. Which one should I use or does it matter?

David
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: Which pad to use

Usually Finishing Pad for waxing, unless you were to use a cleaner/wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr is right. Use the W9207 finishing pad.

However, if you want to remove minor swirls and scratches with the Black Wax, I would use the W8207 polishing pad.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Oh, yeah... missed the black wax part... which is a cleaner/wax of course.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The main thing I am looking for is to make paint pop a little more.

David

Comment

If you want your paint to pop more, I would highly suggest using a separate finishing polish and a stand alone wax after. The BlackWax is an AIO cleaner/wax so it does both polish and wax. It won't be as good as doing a separate polish and wax.

I would highly suggest using M205 with a W9207 finishing pad and using your favorite wax with a different W9207 finishing pad after.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
              If you want your paint to pop more, I would highly suggest using a separate finishing polish and a stand alone wax after. The BlackWax is an AIO cleaner/wax so it does both polish and wax. It won't be as good as doing a separate polish and wax.

I would highly suggest using M205 with a W9207 finishing pad and using your favorite wax with a different W9207 finishing pad after.
              Maybe I have it as good as I can get it because last fall I clayed it, used M205 on the 8207 polishing pad, applied a coat of M7 Showcar Glaze, topped with a coat of NXT 2, followed by M26 yellow. It looks good but I always think it can look better.

David

Comment

Just use the yellow road and black wax. You'll be amazzed at the results. No need to wax your car with three different waxes. Waist of time and money.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');