• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to care for car with xzilon applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to care for car with xzilon applied

i had xzilon applied to my audi. i want to wax. I have used Meguiar's NTX liquid wax on my previous cars. It is a Hydrophobic synthetic polymer. The xzilon website suggests a non abrasive wax like a carnauba. i would prefer to use a NTX, is that ok? anyone with experience? How about if I get swirl marks?

Re: how to care for car with xzilon applied

how about meguiars black wax?

Comment

i am hoping someone replies to my post. i understand that i should not of had xzilon installed but it is and need to know how to proceed. i want to use nxt but the xzilon website says only carnauba wax. i dont care about the "warranty" just dont want to mess anything up.

Comment

Black wax has abrasives. They most likely recommend to stay away from abrasive (cleaner) waxes because it may strip off the xzilon.

I'm not sure if NXT has any cleaners in it. If you want to play it by the book, Gold Class, Deep Crystal and M26 are considered non arasive carnauba waxes.

As for swirl marks, first make 200% sure there are none now. If the dealer did not do a thorough prep job, including claying the car, it may already have swirl marks. If it does, take it back (as many times as needed) and have them make it right. If the dealer makes any paint corrections, make sure they reapply the xzilon.

If I remember correctly, xzilon is advertised as being able to prevent scratches (LOL). Since a swirl mark is a fine scratch, in theory this would be covered under the warranty. The tough part is going to be able to make a claim.

In reality, xzilon is a (overpriced) paint sealer with a warranty that will be hard to make a claim on. If it was applied correctly, it may last a year depending on the elements and usage of the car. If it were me, I would buy a carnauba wax and use it until it's gone, and let the dealer know of any problems along the way.

Comment

Forgot to say if you're not worried about the warranty, NXT is not going to mess anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rembo View Post
            Forgot to say if you're not worried about the warranty, NXT is not going to mess anything up.

1 will nxt strip xzilon ?
            2 how about bugs, rock chips, and tar, I used to use a clay bar on them?

i can tell you the car looks nice but does not have a smooth feel to it. I have had the car about 4 months. I think the xzilon may have worn off. all I have done is touch less car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by tim100 View Post
              1 will nxt strip xzilon ?
              2 how about bugs, rock chips, and tar, I used to use a clay bar on them?

i can tell you the car looks nice but does not have a smooth feel to it. I have had the car about 4 months. I think the xzilon may have worn off. all I have done is touch less car wash.
              I'm not sure if it would completely strip the xzilon or not, but I doubt it. If you are concerned, just use a carnauba wax and be done with it.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

As for how to clean off bugs, etc., you could ask the slaes rep at the dealer what they recommend to maintain the warranty, but if they do not come off with a wash then yes you'll need to use clay.

So, if you are not concerned about the warranty, do as you wish because whatever you do it will not mess anything up.
              If your paint does not feel smooth, the black wax may do you well because it does have some mild cleaning ability.
              If you are worried about swirls, learn the proper methods to wash and dry your new car and you should be set.

Good luck with the new car!

Comment

You'll be fine with NXT, as it does not have cleaners.

Black Wax and clay will strip, or at least deplete your coating (Xzilon). But if you're not worried about the warranty, then may as well just go for it!
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

For me, if a pure wax is what you're after you can go Deep Crystal Caranauba wax or Hi-tech yellow wax. In between, UQD or Last Touch to keep the protection and shine going. If you get swirl marks, you may need to re-buff the car or area where you got the swirls.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                    For me, if a pure wax is what you're after you can go Deep Crystal Caranauba wax or Hi-tech yellow wax. In between, UQD or Last Touch to keep the protection and shine going. If you get swirl marks, you may need to re-buff the car or area where you got the swirls.

what is in gold class caranauba plus? the label says some synthetic polymers. are there any cleaners? how is it different from nxt and ultimate wax?

Comment

See post number 6 of the link below.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');