• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Bar vs. Cleaner Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Bar vs. Cleaner Wax?

I am about to detail our Ocean Mist Metallic 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring. I was hoping to do it today, but the weather is not cooperating. Darn you mother nature! I know the right way to do it - wash/Clay/UC (if needed)/UP/ULW.

Sooooo to save some time I was wondering if I could skip the clay and the UC/UP and go with either white wax or black wax and then follow up with a coat of ULW? I really don't want to waste my time if it would just be better to do the correct method. Also, I am assuming that I would need to tape off using the white or black wax anyway.

All advice would be appreciated.

Chip

Re: Clay Bar vs. Cleaner Wax?

Claying and the paint cleaning steps (whether UC, UP, or a cleaner/wax) do different things, so one really wont replace the other.

If your goal is speed, the best bang for the buck is usually clay, cleaner/wax (white wax would be the stronger cleaner), and then wax.

Taping is up to you. If there is a lot of trim, you may want to. If not, just have a towel to wipe off any trim right away.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Clay Bar vs. Cleaner Wax?

Murr - You are the man! Thanks for the quick reply. After posting this question I went and read the White Wax post in the 2013 products and my questions were already asked. I should have looked their first. Here is the process I will use on the Ody: Two bucket wash/Clay/White Wax/ULW. Should be better than ever. I have kinda neglected this car and am trying to make amends...Thanks! I will totally do before/after shots.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');