• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual action polisher clear coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual action polisher clear coat

I would love to machine polish to get the swirl Marks out however I do not want to ruin my paint job because that can get expensive. I have heard that polishing with the machine can ruin the clear coat and that every time you do it the clear coat gets thinner until you have clear coat failure is this true?

Re: Dual action polisher clear coat

Originally posted by novacharm View Post
    I have heard that polishing with the machine can ruin the clear coat and that every time you do it the clear coat gets thinner until you have clear coat failure is this true?
    In a sense yes you are removing a very tiny amount or clear coat when you remove scratches and swirls. However, the rate at which you are removing them is very slow and safe. The goal is to remove the defects once and the maintain a proper finish so that you don't have to polish the paint again but thats in a perfect world.

When the Dual action polisher polishing the paint on your car has now become safe and easy for anyone to achieve fantastic results without the fear of burning through the clear like you can with a rotary polisher. When you combine the use of a DA polisher proper technique and the right product choice for what condition your paint is in then you can have a great finish. Do not worry about what people say what you hear. Getting the right information will help you greatly.
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Here are just a few of the articles on the use of the DA polisher:

D/A Buffing 101 - An Introduction to the G110v2 (and similar)

Product, Pad and Speed settings for the G110 Dual Action Polisher - Updated!
      How to use the G-100 to remove swirls
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

well your wrongfully informed.
        A DAP is an awesome machine and is so safe armatures can use it.
        While you do remove CC when you use a compound your not going to ruin your paint by buffing it a few times a year.
        Clear Coat Failure is the bond BETWEEN the CC and the Base Coat and nothing you do to the top of the CC will prevent or help CC Failure.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');