• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

surface rust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surface rust?

Any tips on removing light surface rust. Any way to do it other than sand it off and repaint?

Any ideas will help
    TIA

Re: surface rust?

sand it off and repaint is probably the best way

Comment

Are you sure it's rust? is it orange spots on the paint?

Comment

Originally posted by aris View Post
        Are you sure it's rust? is it orange spots on the paint?
        A friend of mine asked me this question and asked if I could help him resolve the problem. He first told me it was definitely rust, but after looking at it I realized it was just very heavy rail dust. I removed it with mirror glaze mild clay, which worked great but took quite some time.

For future reference, are there any other ways to remove rail dust that may be quicker?

Comment

The only way I know is clay bar...

Iron-x might work but I haven't used it on anything but rims so I can't really comment if it will take it off.

I know or ther member use the stuff.... Maybe one will confirm

Originally posted by tjimmyv View Post
          A friend of mine asked me this question and asked if I could help him resolve the problem. He first told me it was definitely rust, but after looking at it I realized it was just very heavy rail dust. I removed it with mirror glaze mild clay, which worked great but took quite some time.

For future reference, are there any other ways to remove rail dust that may be quicker?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');