• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Line Paint on Wheelwells and Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Line Paint on Wheelwells and Paint

I came across an SUV the other day that appeared as if it had just driven across a freshly painted yellow line on the road. While the paint wasn't too bad, it was definitely an eyesore on a white car. Does anybody know how to get this off if possible???
    Jason
    2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Old thread, but stripe paint can be removed with low cut items like C.C. Body Scrub. It takes patients, but normally can be done w/o buffing afterwards.

SL

Edit: "patients"? idiot. Patience
    Last edited by snappylips; Apr 24, 2005, 08:19 AM.

Comment

If it's bad enough, PPG DX440
      my product collection-- New !
      My Detailing Credo
      Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

bump
        Last edited by snappylips; Apr 24, 2005, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Yeah, a huge amount of patience. It also would be very helpful to contact the local highway department in effort to find out exactly what type of highway paint was used first. The PPG DX440 suggestion actually came from a Meg's rep. Perhaps, another product to give shot would be the Detailer line Body Solvent, I understand that has to dwell for quite some time though.
          my product collection-- New !
          My Detailing Credo
          Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');