• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish - micro swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Polish - micro swirls

I may have been a little aggressive. I'm thinking try it again then try the deep crystal polish. Oh and test spot... heck yeah. I had a black ridgeline that was just eaten up by a car wash. Bought a product to fix it. Hours later all my big nasty swirl marks were just more uniform. It was never right again.

Comment

Originally posted by 013impreza View Post
      Am I right in thinking that Deep Crystal is the next step down from Ult. Polish?
      If you want the next step down in terms of agressiveness or cut for removing your swirls, then I'd suggest a cleaner wax such as A12 Cleaner Wax or ColorX.

As mentioned, Deep Crystal is a pure polish and has no cut, although it may temporarily hide the swirls if that's what you're after.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Well.....ColorX it is then. Went looking for Deep Crystal at the local big box, no luck. I'll give it a shot first chance I get. But just for sh*ts and giggles in terms of cut what's the descending order after ColorX?

Comment

Cutting for ColorX is really very minimal. I guess the next lower step should be cleaner wax. But difference should not be much.

Comment

Something to consider... when working by hand for paint correction there are some techniques you need to apply and specifically, the way you use the applicator. If you are applying all the pressure on your finger tips, that can potentially lead you to unfavorable results. You have to evenly distribute the pressure. This is one of the reason why DA works better than by hand. It's easier to distribute the pressure evenly.
            2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');