• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acura TL Bra Paint Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acura TL Bra Paint Damage

I have a 2006 Anthracite Metallic TL and recently moved across the country. I usually put the bra on during moves (in the military, so it happens relatively frequently) with no issues. I had the bra on roughly 2 weeks which is normal, and had washed/waxed the car prior to the move.

Once I got to my new location and took off the bra, I noticed some type of damage to the paint on the hood...my guess is that some water with some type of chemical/contaminant got into the bra and sat there causing the issue. Since I can't post a picture here, the damage looks almost 'milky' on the paint, is in 3 locations with each location being roughly 3" x 5". Where the paint is damaged, there is a clear line between damaged and undamaged, and the damage itself is uniform in coverage (i.e. not splotchy or anything else like that).

My question is, what are my options? I'd like to take care of it myself and have used clay bars and some Meguiars 205 level stuff before, and have done research on a DA polisher. Or is this something I can't touch?

I have tried to just clean the vehicle and also applied the M205 with no change. Already had a recommendation from another forum to use some UC by hand and see if that works, which is my plan this morning.

Re: Acura TL Bra Paint Damage

Link to a photo of the issue....

Comment

Well, just tried multiple passes with UC by hand with not even the slightest change...any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

You probably have some isopropyl alcohol around. Try wiping a small area with it and see if it removes anything from the affected area(s).
          2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');