• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dealing with micro marring, on a soft paint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealing with micro marring, on a soft paint.

Hi guys, i need some help.

Im triying to leave a show car finish on this car, but i cant remove the defect left by a mf cut pad and m100.

You can see it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiVM6oVB1Hw

A video es better than a picture.

The things i have is m80,m83,m205,,m100,m105,swirl x.

W7000,8000,9000 pads the 1.0 version.

Mf cut pad, and some other brands finish and polish pads.

Working on a DA, i have tried a lot of combos, and all i do is tomake it less visible but still visible (as in second 15) thank you.

Re: dealing with micro marring, on a soft paint.

What kind of kar is it?
    Well your next step is to polish, yellow pad maybe black pad 205 and light pressure.
    Another thing you need to consider it the heat of the paint when polishing.
    paint acts different at different temperatures.
    So as your working you might fix this problem as soon as your pad hits the paint or a few seconds later when it heats up.
    Try a few different techniques, you'll figure it out.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I tried finishing and polishing pad with m205 on high low spees, light and heavy pressure and nothing all i can get is to make it less visible but disnt remove it

Comment

Less visible but not gone? Sound like your stopping before your done.
        you need to work it more.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Are you able to tell at all if it is the same marks, or more like you are moving them around?

If they are the same marks, then it would seem like they are not being removed as noted above.

If it is more an issue of leaving marring behind, and they are just moving around, you may want to try something like the ColorX/#66.... not sure if White Wax would be too strong...
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I guess i need something really weak, maybe a cleaner wax, ill go for color X or cleaner wax paste.

Comment

were you able to fix the micro marring??? i'm having very similar issues

Comment

Originally posted by bishop.jese.erl View Post
                were you able to fix the micro marring??? i'm having very similar issues
                You may want to start your own thread with some more info. Photos always help. Then we can all see what you are working with and give you better answer.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');