• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some new brushes. what brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some new brushes. what brand?

I've got some old Mothers brushes that are starting to wear out. I need a tire brush, wheel, long fender, interior carpet, and smaller detail brush (like ac vent). I can buy mothers again but not sure if there is another brand that is better. Want matching set, price no matter, don't use on paint but want a good quality set. Thanks

It's not a 'kit' per say, but Larry over at Ammo NYC has some nice quality brushes for wheels and interior work. Might be worth checking out!

http://www.ammonyc.com/product-category/tools/
    Everybody digs a nice clean car.

Comment

Re: need some new brushes. what brand?

IMO larrys brushes while nice, are CRAZY OVERPRICED... i got 4 fo almost the exact same things with shipping for ~ $21. I just searched amazon far and wide and found them.

They are generally made in the Uk and are called Glaze brushes, used for advanced pastry chefs or specialty painting

get these and relegate one for wheels/exterior and another for interior and have 2 for back up [since shipping is $6] all for the price of one of AmmoNYC's BEFORE shipiing

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/ref=lh_cart_vc_btn

I have these and will never look back.

What i did to to make it stiffer however, is i took a ranger band and wrapped it around half way. This makes the end bristles shorter in effect, shortening them and their ability to flare out on the sides fom use.
      Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
      OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
      2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');