• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Procedure for 2nd time around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure for 2nd time around

About a month ago, I did the 5-step. I want to do a polish and wax again. I used the G110V2 and will be again. How often can I do this and is to many times not good? What step should I start at for doing another polish/wax? Can I just polish and wax or do I need to strip the wax and start over?

Re: Procedure for 2nd time around

Can't even begin to reply until we know the products you used. Also need to know what type of environment your car is in. Off hand a polish and wax every four weeks is too much.

Tom

Comment

I used the Ultimate line eithe the exception of the wax. I used Black wax.

Comment

No need to polish again. Ultimate is reputed to be very durable. Maybe all it needs is a spray wax to bring up the gloss. Give it another month and wax again with Ultimate.

Comment

Most folks will polish maybe once-twice a year on average. Waxing once a month seems about the norm. Just depends on the durability of the wax you are using and the kind of conditions your car is exposed too.
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

I haven't used Black Wax myself, so can't vouch for its durability, but you shouldn't need to do a whole polish and wax, maybe just a spray wax to bring back the shine, or you could just give it a quick wax.

Many will say that you need to clay every time, but if you are waxing this often, then you could probably just clay every other time.

If you're planning on doing it this regularly, I'd probably do a clay, polish, wax every other month, and then just do a wax on the other month. Maybe do a five step once a year, or maybe twice a year, depending on how well you keep up on it. Just what I'd do personally in your shoes.
            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');