• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Color-X take out dealer installed swirls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Color-X take out dealer installed swirls?

Just bought a new vehicle, and of course they probably washed it with a straw broom. Never had swirls on my other car, or if I did, color-x took care of it enough for my eye. The new vehicle definitely has them, not bad, bad, but even I notice them in certain light, and I am not quite as particular as maybe some folks. Will Color-X take the swirling out or should I start with something else?

Planning to wash it, clay, and hopefully Color-X and top with M16.
    Thanks.

Re: Will Color-X take out dealer installed swirls?

When machine applied, it definitely has the potential to remove light defects.
    However, by hand, I would move up to UC.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

White Wax also may be a bit better on the defect removal side, if you havent bought things yet.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I love the ease in application and removal of Color X. Although, I have never been able to remove any swirl mark with Color X, not even with my DA. I would step up to Swirl X with a DA, or Ultimate Compound (UC) by hand, as recommended above.

Comment

Thanks folks for the replies. Will try the color-x first by hand, mainly becasue I have it on the shelf. If the desired results are not as expected, I believe I have UC on the shelf. Will definitely have to go to White Wax soon as it seems Color_X is getting harder and harder to find.

Comment

I dont know if I would expect a lot by hand, but cna try a test spot.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I will try my random orbital buffer. Might help. Thanks.

Comment

ColorX will clean the paint more than it will correct it. I have yet to try the White Wax myself.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by 1994Gen1L View Post
                  , or Ultimate Compound (UC) by hand, .
                  I clayed one section and applied ColorX. Well, as everyone thought, it did not take out the swirls...it took some, and certainly improved the look, but not good enough. I have UC that I am going to try next. Does it HAVE to be applied by hand as suggested in the quote above, or can I use my random orbital. Don't want to do any damage. Thanks folks.

Comment

Won't let me edit so one more question please. Is Swirl x less aggressive than UC? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, SwirlX is less aggressive than UC. Either can be used by hand, or DA. DA will certainly give better results. Buffing by hand can be very time consuming and tiring.

Comment

Thanks, RPPM. Actually I see at my local store there is a sale on the Meguiars DA Power system that attaches to a drill. Less expensive than the full machine, and should suit my purposes.

Comment

See graphic in link below:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...l-surprise-you!
                          2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Well I just finished claying the hood, and using my random orbital and UC, all I can say is WOW. WOW.I had to make the buffer work a little harder, but it was worth it. The hood looks amazing. The car is Kodiac Brown, that looks black on cloudy days or in the shade, but has a brownish hue to it in the sun. Can't wait to finish it all up over the next day or so, lay on a coat of M16, put on the shades, the tunes, and go for a spin. Kept my black vehicle, so now I have two cars that own me, and require loving.
                            Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

Cool, glad you found the winning combo for your new car.
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');