• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeing wax and polish on a white car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeing wax and polish on a white car

I was wondering if there is a technique to seeing leftover wax or polish on a white colored car. I think someone said if you use a xenon light you can see the left over residues, but I want to know if anyone has this type of experience.

Re: seeing wax and polish on a white car

I put my Oxford White F150 in the garage, it makes it a lot easier to see the wax vs. direct sun light.

Comment

no real tricks, just keep looking and wipe, wipe, wipe.
      Yes a light will help but I always double check my work in the sun, no matter what color it is.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
        no real tricks, just keep looking and wipe, wipe, wipe.
        Yes a light will help but I always double check my work in the sun, no matter what color it is.
        That system requires sun though...not an option for all of us
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I have 2 white cars and yea...no real tricks, i'd just concentrate on buffing each panel several times after a wax session...no matter how detailed I am...several days later I'd see a spot i missed...usually on a sunny day.
          No biggie...I have a MF towels with me where ever I go
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I often end up polishing/waxing at night. What works for me is a MaxFire Dual Xenon light. Like Mario that always checks his work in the sun, I alway check my work with the MaxFire Dual Xenon. For lighter color cars it can be better to hold light at 30 or 45 degree angle from paint surface sometimes even less than 30, where as medium and dark colors can be shined directly. I also use this for spotting streaking in my windows. I am not good at getting windows perfect without the light.
            Last edited by s word; Aug 8, 2013, 11:18 AM. Reason: language correction

Comment

Put your head against the side and look down the panels and you should see the film/residue stick out. A good final wipe always helps as wel.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I just bought my 1st light colored vehicle and went thru the same predicament. Working on the car in the garage with door open and sunlight in the back worked great. I definitely had to look at angles standing from close distance and slowly step backwards, using the backdrop of sunlight to help cut angles. I also noticed the before/after impact of polish/wax was less noticeable vs a darker color but it is what it is with lighter colors.

Comment

I'd just go over the car, work slowly to allow yourself sufficient time to see if you have leftover wax. I would go over the car, wiping the panels slowly and gently with a soft, clean Microfiber and if needed, a quick detailer, depending on the wax/sealant used since some may require that the car be untouched by anything during that all important cure time.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');