• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I fix these (deep) scratches a little?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fix these (deep) scratches a little?

Hello all. I have some long, deep scratches in my car. The body shop quoted me $1500 to fix, that's not gonna happen. I was thinking I might be able to make them at least not look so bad. They are deep, through the paint completely. Not sure if what I am seeing under the paint is primer or the metal. I'm including some photos. Do you have any advice on what I can do? My thought was to fill them in with touch up paint, and then use some product (probably by hand, I don't have a polisher or anything) to smooth the whole thing together. I do have a 3" foam pad that attaches to a drill, I could apply something with that. I know it will still look like a scratch but I'm hoping it won't catch your eye as much, and that it won't rust.

What about these kits that supposedly help hide deep scratches like http://scratchwizard.net, can this really work?

Thanks.

Re: Can I fix these (deep) scratches a little?

Dr Colorchip:

Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

aaa, no. you don't have a scratch you have paint that is gone so you need a re-paint or touch up.
      DCC won't fix that.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

If you are looking for touch up paint I have heard good things about this place.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');