• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage to my wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage to my wheels

I'm looking for help identifying what could have happened to my wheels. These are alloy wheels from a 2013 car with only 2000 miles. It looks like the product ate through the clear coat or paint on the wheel and it looks like nothing short of painting them will fix it. Thoughts?

]The only products I've used on them are Eagle One EnviroShine, All Purpose Cleaner and Tire Endurance Gel.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Dave's Detailing; Aug 15, 2013, 04:37 PM. Reason: messed up

Re: Damage to my wheels

Are you able to elaborate more? Was this a chemical you used? Something you just noticed?
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Looks like water spots applied when the rims were hot and dried quickly. Try some vinegar and water to remove (1 part vinegar,3 parts water ) a bit of rubbing will be required.
      BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Are those painted alloys?

I'd try a paint cleaner like SwirlX, UC etc if you had one on your shelf.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

OK I'll try tomorrow and report back.

Comment

It almost looks like salt that they use on the roads in the winter. The reason I said that I because my girlfriends brother in law had a jeep and his rims had that same look to his. I used Meguiars NXT All Metal Polish to remove them.

Comment

You mention 3 products.
              What exactly did you do to these rims?
              Looks like you sprayed APC on them and let it dry. Not a good thing.
              You now have to polish that paint.
              Simply use a cleaner wax on a Dyna Cone and your done.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

After three hours and lots of elbow grease I got them clean. I used Flitz and a microfiber. I tried to recreate the problem by backtracking my steps but couldn't. Anyway thanks for you're help. Another lesson learned...

Comment

Originally posted by SMF View Post
                  After three hours and lots of elbow grease I got them clean. I used Flitz and a microfiber. I tried to recreate the problem by backtracking my steps but couldn't. Anyway thanks for you're help. Another lesson learned...
                  Dyna Cone would have helped you out instead of doing it by hand.
                  Glad you fixed them not don't do that again! lol,

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                    Dyna Cone would have helped you out instead of doing it by hand.
                    Glad you fixed them not don't do that again! lol,
                    I had a Dynacone here so I tried, it just wasn't getting the job done. Worked good for polishing though.

Comment

The Dyna Cone wasn't the problem it was what polish you used to it with.
                      You needed a more aggressive polish.
                      I completely acid washed my rims and the Dyna Cone worked fine because I used the right polish.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');