• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFEW dilutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFEW dilutions.

Hello all. I have had a gallon of RFEW for some time now. I have been reading a few posts about people using d114 as a waterless wash, clay lube, etc. I know before I do not believe (to my knowledge) that megs ever had an official stance on d114 as a waterless wash or clay lube. So for some of you guys who have used d114 as a waterless wash and clay lube...what dilutions do you run? Is it basically the same dilution level as d115 rfeww? What have you found works best for you? I know humidity and things come into play I am just trying to get a general idea of where I would start.

Friendly bump

Comment

I use it as a clay lube and it works great. 1/4 oz in a 32oz spray bottle mixed with water is best dilution I've found

Comment

Thanks. I will try that...ever use it for a ww wash?

Comment

Re: RFEW dilutions.

I love RFEW and use it a ton, very versatile product with a lot of different uses.
          Waterless wash - 128:1 (this is what Meg's recommends I believe) I just fill an empty gallon RFEW jug with water and add one pump of RFEW.
          Clay lube - 128:1 (you probably could go even more diluted if you wanted to, but I personally don't want to make a separate bottle)
          Compound remover - 31:1 (great at removing compound while buffing if it kinda dries on) add one pump (or an ounce) to a 32oz bottle and fill with water
          Clean door jambs - 31:1 (if they're not too dirty, this works perfectly, otherwise I'll go to APC+ if they're really nasty).

Oh yeah, and of course you can use it as a regular rinseless wash the way that it was originally designed to be used. Good luck with it, great versatile product.

FYI, the RFEW&W also works amazingly as a window cleaner at about 20:1
          Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Re: RFEW dilutions.

A question for those who are regular RFEW users: I have some in stock and I like how my MF washing towels seem to release dirt better with RFEW than either the Optimum products or Duragloss. However, it seems like RFEW cleans too well in that the surface feels "squeeky clean" as if my wax protection was reduced. Lately, I've been using it only if I plan on waxing or polishing immediately after, resorting to ONR, ONRWW or DG for maintenance on an already-waxed finish. Am I imagining things or have others seen the same effects?

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');