• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - Polish for Mountaineer Cast Aluminum Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Polish for Mountaineer Cast Aluminum Wheels

I have the 20 in OEM wheels on my 2010 Mountaineer. The are called cast aluminum and I was wondering what to use on them to get them to really shine? I tried an aluminum polish but it didn't seem to help on the small area I tested. I'm trhying to find out if they are clear coated or not. Any ideas?

Re: Help - Polish for Mountaineer Cast Aluminum Wheels

When you applied the aluminum polish, did the applicator pad/cloth turn black?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      When you applied the aluminum polish, did the applicator pad/cloth turn black?
      No, no black residue. Ford just called me back and they are in fact clear coated... What do you think is best to use on them?

Comment

You would just want to use the paint care products.. clay, tar/iron remover like TRIX, paint cleaner like Ult. Compound would be the ways to go.

The paint or underlaying metal may not be made to have a high shine, so clean as possible may be the best you can do.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');