• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Mustang Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Mustang Wheels

I recently picked up some used Mustang wheels that needed a pick-me-up. The first pic is before I used UC on them. I was able to run my nail across the surface and scrape off some sort of film, perhaps some clear coat. The second and third are pics of after using UC. Any suggestions on how to polish them better or is this as good as it gets without reclearing the wheels? Thanks!

Re: Cleaning Mustang Wheels

If they are factory wheels then they have a clear coat on them and running a nail across the surface was not a good idea.

You will want to treat the wheels just like you would paint so polishing then with UC and or UP will clean them up but they won't look like chrome wheels.
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Is there any particular protectant or wax you would suggest for upkeep?

Comment

Anything like Ultimate wax or NXT 2.0 will do just fine. Again since they are clear coated just treat it like you woe a cars paint.
        Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
        Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
        Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

I had the same wheels on my 06 G, they are polished aluminum wheels. I was able to get to get them almost chrome like. I used a drill with 4 inch focus pads and a buffer stick and a ton of elbow grease with 105/205. Just be careful if your using a drill, don't wont to burn edges.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
          "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');