• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake Dust Barrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brake Dust Barrier

Is d156 exactly the same product as UQW, in terms of shiny and durability.
    Is they are the same, I wouldn't waste my time to look for d156. Not easy to find most Meguiars products in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
      To address a couple of other questions posed here:

It is also perfectly safe to use on the brake calipers themselves and it will do the same there as it does on the wheel surface with regard to ease of cleaning. Still no actual magic repelling of the brake dust and road grime, however - that stuff is going to land where it lands.
      I wanted to post a follow up.

I applied BDB to my calipers the weekend of this thread and I must say that I am beyond thrilled with the results. Not only are my pretty red calipers the envy of all my friend (and fellow GTI'ers) but the amount of dust that has accumulated is miniscule. Even a semi-heavy rain washes off the calipers and they're back to red. Great product! Highly recommended.
      --
      Frank Kecseti
      Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

Nice. I will have to add that to my calipers. They need a touch up before I decide to do that.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guz,

I just used engine degreaser and a stiff brush before I applied BDB.
          --
          Frank Kecseti
          Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

I will do that. But I meant I need to touch up the paint on them. The G2 paint has chipped in some areas.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');