• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Is the deep crystal system polish safe for clear coats? it seems that everything else I have that is Meguiar's says that it is safe for clear coats---this doesn't say that, but I am assuming it is

thanks

Yes it is and it will give you superb results.
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Hey dunage

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Yes, as the poster mentioned above, the Deep Crystal System is perfect for clear coat paint!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

thanks.........car has swirls from one of those brushes at a carwash-------I did it when I first got the car and didn't know what I was doing ---it was brand new, probably about 1000 miles on it. I have been trying to get rid of them ever since (3 years). One of my best friends is a professional detailer, and he has tried buffing them out. I've used ScratchX (several tubes) on the car. I just keep trying to polish them out somehow. It always looks better after a polishing and the gold class liquid wax. I thought I would give the liquid crystal system a go. I now exclusively use Meguiar's products, and they have never let me down. I used the polish today, and there are still swirls, although I must say it does look better. Any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks.

Comment

Well, Deep Crystal will work fine for clear coats, but there are no abrasives in it. The diminishing abrasives of products like #83, #81, ScratchX, etc are what will help remove those swirls/brush marks best. It may be tht hand appliation isnt going to work for you, and something like the PC may be needed.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for the tip. I'll have to try the ScratchX again, but not hand application this time. The car really doesn't look too bad, and, honestly, I don't think anyone notices but me. That just seems to be how it goes, though----if you know that an imperfection is there, no matter how minor, it's the first thing you look at and it drives you nuts!

thanks again

Comment

scratchX will work the best by hand. If you use a polisher it will gum up your pad because it dosen't like the heat. You are better off with #80 if you use a polisher.
              Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');