• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Truck How to Keep It Clean B/W Sealant & Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Truck How to Keep It Clean B/W Sealant & Wax

Hey Everyone-
    New Member here, just started looking at the forums/doing reseach a few weeks ago because just got a new Black 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 1500 4x4 V8 Hemi. So excited to get a nice shine to it. I recently purchased Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner, Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 21, Smooth Surface Clay Kit, and Gold Class Carnauba Wax Plus Paste Wax. I understand the steps, how to wash, dry, clay etc. My question is after I seal it, and I wait the 12-24 hours for it to cure so when my truck sits in the driveway, what happens if it gets dirty, say overspray, polleen, bird p**p, etc, what do I do since it will still need to be waxed?
    Thank you in advance!

Mike

Re: New Truck How to Keep It Clean B/W Sealant & Wax

Go over it with some detail spray to remove the light dirt. Then it should be ok to wax it.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

You could always wash it again too. It should be relatively easy to dry off since you already have a sealant applied to it. If you get bird business on it, there is a thread in the "How To" section that addresses how to deal with that. Basically you get a towel and fold it up and spray a quick Detailer on it and put it on the spot then pour some water on it and let it soak for a few minutes to loosen it up and wipe it off

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');