• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Jewling polish advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Jewling polish advice

I have just finished using M205 on a black 2001 Vette and a PCXP with LC white pad. This has removed 95% of the paint defects. Some scratches are just stubborn.

Now I want to jewel the paint but note sure which polish is best for jeweling.

I'll be using a LC jeweling pad.
    Should I use:
    A: M205
    B: Ultimate polish
    C: Deep Crystal Polish
    D: Readers preference
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Re: Need Jewling polish advice

D: Menz SF4500 or Carpro Reflect
    are my favs for jeweling
    jeweling is mostly a rotary thing, idk how much can be achieved with a DA
    If you like my work please like my FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc

Comment

Men SF4500 is great, but Megs 205 is a finishing polish. Try some Megs 205 on a LC red or blue pad for jeweling, works great.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Menzerna SF4500 (ex PO85RD) may give you the most gloss, slightly more than Ultimate Polish, but M205 will give you maximum depth which you can't squeeze from any other finishing polish. When jeweling with M205 do not overdo it - it was designed for short cycle (4-6 passes are enough in most cases): http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ice-quik-shine

Comment

What speed do recommend?

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

205, pad of choice (what the paint likes), rotary, 600-800 rpm

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Guys
              I have a Meguiars catalog and it indicates M3 can be used with a D/A. M3 is lower on the abrasive scale than M205. I am searching for a jeweling polish. With that said, where does M3 fit with UP?
              I intend to jewel a black 2001 Vette (see pic at left) and a 2010 Victory Red Camaro. Although I cannot get the paint 100% defect free, its near 95%.
              I've been doing a lot of research on jeweling. Some people say jeweling is impossible using a D/A. On the other hand, I am thinking it can be done with a LC jeweling pad and a little pressure to even out the rotation. any thoughts?

These cars are well maintained. The Vette is a show car, ergo the desire to get the most gloss possible. Rarely will I need anything stronger than M205 in the future.
              And the end goal is to keep the showroom shine and finish.
              Here is my lineup going forward.
              M205
              M3 or UP
              M7 maybe
              NXT - X2

As needed
              X-press spray wax
              QD

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

I use M205 on the 6.5" Beige Finishing Pad (W9006) at low speed (Do test spot to determine speed) if I want to Jewel as an extra step after the Yellow pad (W8006) and M205.

Then go straight to LSP from there, would be M21 (NXT) or ULW and then M26 after....

I seriously doubt one could get anymore noticeable shine after that as the paint will look wet just after M205....

That's my process and what I would do to the Vette...... As the gloss and clarity will be insane.

As a note the W9006 pad has no cut and it's VERY soft....

Comment

After M205 i used UP with a LC jewel pad to jewel. OMG the paint is dripping wet. Going over the car a second time allowed me to correct minor scratches i missed previously. LSP is NXT

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

Originally posted by gclark26 View Post
                    After M205 i used UP with a LC jewel pad to jewel. OMG the paint is dripping wet. Going over the car a second time allowed me to correct minor scratches i missed previously. LSP is NXT
                    Sounds good.

Comment

The UP sounds like a great idea. I wonder if it can be used if your are planning on opti coating? Anyone know?

Comment

I decided on UP for jeweling.
                        you can see the results here

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');