• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water sheeting sprayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water sheeting sprayer?

Are there any hose attachments where there's a water sheeting function?

I'm currently looking at Carrand car wash nozzle with spotfree water shed rinsing.

However, it doesn't have very good reviews. Im only mentioning this cause its bit of hassle

to walk to the water switch and to turn on the water after I undo the sprayer head, and then having to walk

over o the switch again to turn it off

Re: Water sheeting sprayer?

You need Quick Connects and a hose end shut off.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I found this. I'm assuming this would attach to the End of the Hose. That way I can just disconnect the hose from the pressure washer, and turn this switch on?

Would this do or do you recommend another material?

Comment

That's the basic concept. Since shipping is more than the part you may want to spend a couple more bucks and get brass. You also want to control flow rate thru the valve (they likely all do).
        2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

i will check out my local home depot tomorrow, and see if I can get one right away. Will check back later.

Comment

You could try something like this too, y adapter at end of hose, but you'd need an additional piece of hose.

Comment

Just remember different brands of quick connects fit different.... so if you buy one brand, you may have to stick with it.

Home Depot I think sells Gilmour, which is a good brand.

Comment

Two "Must Have" Car Washing Tools - The Brass Shut-off Valve & Brass Quick Connector Without a doubt, the Single Brass Connector Shut-off Valve is one of th...

i just saw this, and the shut off valve seems to SPRAY hard. I thought it was gonna let it sheet like a garden hose without any connections.

Comment

A valve is not on/off, you have to dial it in to the flow you want. That's why a better quality valve will be more likely to hold position when not full open or full closed. In the video, Mike is going from full off to full on quickly.

Comment

For flooding (final rinse), you generally want fully open and no nozzle/spray anyway....

Comment

I use this hose nozzle...it can be adjusted to sheet off the vehicle...I do it all the time....never have to remove.
                      "STRIFE" aka Phil
                      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

I just tried out the Hose --> Gilmour Brass Shut off valve --> Gilmour Quick Connect -->Brass 3/4'' swivel adapter --> pressure washer.
                          Very good set up, and I can detach from quick connect to hose rince.

Comment

My machine ain't leaking anymore, but i am a bit confused about the Swivel adapter I got. One side has a Rubber seal on it, while the other side does not. The side with the rubber seal screws on Very Nicely, but the other side without the rubber seal is much harder to Screw on all the way into the pressure washer. Everything is suppose to be 3/4" but, something may be off. Can anybody confirm that a swivel adapter is suppose to be easy to screw on the Rubber seal side, while you have to "torque" it down on the non rubber seal side?

Looks like this, except the whole thing is hexagonal.

Comment

lol looks like i got the wrong adapter, I got the Female hose Thread x Female Iron Pipe, which is why one side is harder to turn. I need FHT x FHT

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');