• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite thing about detaiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite thing about detaiting

Rather it's just one thing in general or a couple what & why is your favorite thing about this great OCD that we have!
    Mine has to be the claying process, I believe this is the foundation of any detail rather it be full on paint correction or just a monthly or bi-monthly waxing. And as you can see I try to have plenty on hand and also after a couple of uses or so I will always keep and store in a container to reuse for non-painted surface's like chrome, glass or just experimenting around. I got the simonize to see how I like it on glass plus the fact that our K-mart has them on clearance. But my GoTo clay would be the mild, I love this stuff! The consumer clay is what I will general use when just doing a monthly or bi-monthly and for glass, chrome and rims.

So let's here it, what is your favorite thing/step in your detail process?
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Re: What's your favorite thing about detaiting

Hey Michael could you delete this post, thought I did before redoing and made a duplicate thanks...Daniel

Sorry guys, post in the other one please I messed this one up until michael can delete this one.

Comment

The favorite thing I have for detailing is the polishing and waxing aspect. Polishing really brings out the shine, I like the waxing since it is the last step and I find it fun to apply waxes as thinly as possible, then removing the wax which reveals that even shinier paint finish. After all of that, the great things about detailing (or post detailing) are:

1. You can almost immediately see the fruits of your labor. You end up having a simple car that looks real good, and usually get complements or ask how old or new your car is.

2. The car looks more expensive, and keeps its resale value better than a car that isn't regularly detailed or at least cleaned.

3. It's a great way stress reliever and a good workout.

Comment

Have you tried the new prep towels/clay towels and DA autoscrub pads? I absolutely love these!!

Btw, my fav part of the detail process is applying wax with my DA polishers, usually D301 & a MF pad or sealant/wax on a 4" black foam pad....including the buffing part.
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Life has been a lot easier since I got a DA polisher but my favorite thing is to sit back in the chair, open a cold beer, light my pipe and just sit there and look at the fruits of my labor. Then I cuss because I have to take the car/truck out in the world and get it dirty again.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
            Have you tried the new prep towels/clay towels and DA autoscrub pads? I absolutely love these!!

Btw, my fav part of the detail process is applying wax with my DA polishers, usually D301 & a MF pad or sealant/wax on a 4" black foam pad....including the buffing part.
            No don't know anything about them buddy, been away from detailing for 2 or 3 years now and getting back into it full swing again. Are they meguiars or what and any post with pics/video's?

Originally posted by Bruce Devilbiss View Post
            my favorite thing is to sit back in the chair, open a cold beer, light my pipe and just sit there and look at the fruits of my labor.

Comment

My favorite thing is looking at the finished product knowing I DID THAT and no one else. I'm usually sweat soaked, a little stiff and definitely tired but that look makes it all go away and sometimes gives me goosebumps.
              2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Devilbiss View Post
                Life has been a lot easier since I got a DA polisher but my favorite thing is to sit back in the chair, open a cold beer, light my pipe and just sit there and look at the fruits of my labor. Then I cuss because I have to take the car/truck out in the world and get it dirty again.

Me also (with the beer, without the pipe)

Comment

It has to be polishing for me as well.
                  Man and machine... need I say more?
                  2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');