• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you apply your products & what got you started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you apply your products & what got you started?

How do you guys apply your products, by hand, orbital, DA, or the rotary and how long have you been into the great world of being OCD? And since it's 2014 what is your YEAR resolution with your detailing?

Myself I started out with a cheap 10'' orbital buffer from wally world back in the late 90's and even some how seen the meguiars clay kit and thought what the heck. My first cleaning product was meguiars body scrub but did fail in the polish department but did reach down and grabbed a can of gold glass paste I believe. I remember standing there it seamed like forever reading the back of each bottle trying to figure out just in what steps I needed to do first and what to get to make that mustang (the one in my avatar) shine again, single stage and in rough shape, you could rub your hand across it and have black pigmatation on your fingertips!

Moved on to a G100 after about 4 years of spending hours and hours with my orbital but did find the technique for making a cheap orbital bring out some crazy reflections using a foam bonnet for the cleaning step. The first time I used my G100 was like winning the lottory I couldn't believe what I'd been missing.

Used that G100 for about 3 years or so and then made the jump into the world of the rotary, DW849 when I worked for a western star dealership, never really liked the dewalt that good so I bought my first 9227 makita for my own personal use at home and loved it!

Anyhow I believe the reason I become a Meguiars user was because of all the products that they had out on the shelf compared to just a product or two from a couple 3 or 4 companies and the help line and good directions step by step. But did use other products from time to time before I got meguiarized!!, you guys remember liquid glass and THE WAX SHOP?

So what do you use now and how did you get Meguiarized!!!

My resolution for this year though is to go on a diet! Na just kidding But I do plan on getting all the new products from 2012 on and get me another 9227 Makita along with another carpet extra and hopefully some of you guys will chime in and tell me your info and some of the things you've been thinking about getting and also give me more ideals and teach me some things I don't know about or haven't seen yet.
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

I started on and off bout 15 years ago but was a black magic fan up until 2 years ago. That's when I got into meguiars and realized how superior their products were to everyone else's. for now I still use my orbital to do the waxing and everything else is done by hand. I am wanting the g110v2 along with the entire detailer line. However I won't start stocking up again till it gets nice out again. I assume I'm starting out as much of u guys did but I can c myself going into the OCD direction owning all products meguiars makes. But what a good hobby to have I think.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');