• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Malibu 2SA dash. Leather or vinyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Malibu 2SA dash. Leather or vinyl?

My wife has a 2013 Malibu with leather seats and the dark brown parts of the dash look and feel like leather, but it might be a synthetic material. What should I use on this?

Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Re: 2013 Malibu 2SA dash. Leather or vinyl?

I would say it most likely is vinyl. Chevy has improved, but I would be really surprised if the equipped the dashboard with real leather. This really shouldn't affect the treatment much as I am quite certain that the leather is coated in this car, meaning that the leather is actually covered by a thin plastic like protectant. What ever leather/vinyl treatment you have been using on other leathers will work fine.

Of course check to make sure its coated or vinyl first, before using an aggressive cleaner not suited for bare leather. (Though the dash is most likely coated leather at the least.) To do this sprinkle a little water on it and see if it absorbs into the material. If it does and changes the color of the leather (meaning it was absorbed by the leather) it is not coated, and should be treated with very gentle cleaners and conditioned regularly. I highly doubt it is uncoated, just sharing a bit of advise.

To sum up, just do what you typically do cleaning the other leather/vinyl surfaces of the car with whatever product has worked for you.

Hope I helped!
    Griffith Hawk

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');