• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

camper interior.. mice turds!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camper interior.. mice turds!!

Got a call today about detailing the interior of a camper that had mice problems. It's a very nice camper (08) in great condition. Interior is fairly clean with the exception of mice turds everywhere! Cabinets, drawers, carpets, under the couch, in and under the bunks.. Etc.

It's 30 feet long and I figure it will take 2 days, but I'm not sure, maybe only 1, maybe 3. Unsure because I don't have a lot of experience with campers, I mostly do cars and boats.

Anybody have any input on a fair price for this. Like I said its in fairly good condition, other than the mice dilema.

Any input is appreciated

Re: camper interior.. mice turds!!

Are you looking for a flat rate? Maybe charge an hourly rate so it's fair to both of you

Comment

Charging by the hour is my plan however this is thru an insurance agent and they would like an estimate. I already have a number in my head based on how long I think it will take and my hourly rate, however I'm interested to hear other peoples thoughts on time and or price to see if my number compares out of curiosity.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures and I am out of town for 2 weeks

I am also curious to here if anyone else has had to go thru this before, I'm not sure if mice problems in campers is common or not

Comment

You better be real careful detailing the interior that has mice dropping, particular if they are deer mice dropping, although any mouse can be infected. Their droppings carry a very nasty virus that lives in their poop for a long time. The Hantavirus causes a very nasty, potentially lethal lung infection, called Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome. (Google it) I would suggest a Hazmat suit. Seriously!

Comment

Think twice about getting involved with this one.

It may not just be Micky's leftover you run in to. Chances of finding a LOT and I do mean a LOT of damage from them chewing, plus a good chance of finding more than one nest. The beds, sofa, chairs are a prime area of their damage.

As "Blueline" stated, mouse leftovers are not to be taken lightly!

Suggestion: IF (note big 'if') you do want to tackle this, wait till spring so it can be left open at the very least. Have the owner ensure that their egress has been closed, if they still have a way...they WILL BE BACK. That is assuming that they are truly gone.

Bill

Comment

Yes the virus factor has worried me a bit. A gentleman from my town almost died in my town a few years back from that virus.

I will def be charging a bit more than my usual hourly rate if I take the job. Not to thrilled about the idea, however I'm a little slow on business this time of year and could use the work

Comment

A fair price to clean up mice droppings? $1,000 bucks!
              Mouse droppings and their urine can carry diseases that can kill you.
              I wouldn't do it.
              SAFTY FIRST!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');