• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC vs APC+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC vs APC+

So, with APC+ now gone (I don't want to pay an extra $40 in shipping to have a 5 gallon container shipped to me - especially after the price hike on APC+), I'm looking for a replacement since I forgot to stock up before it left. I've never used APC as I never felt a reason to with how much APC+ impressed me. Is APC just as impressive?

What about dilution ratios? I've loved having a bottle of 4:1, 7:1, and 10:1 to use depending on what's needed. Should I keep these same ratios with the regular APC, or to get similar results will I need to make these ratios stronger?

Also, is there anything that APC just isn't effective at compared to APC+?
    I plan on adding the new Detailer line interior products with my next order to compliment APC if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys!!
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: APC vs APC+

apc smells really strong. I used it for years with no problems. it works fine

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by jarred767 View Post
      So, with APC+ now gone (I don't want to pay an extra $40 in shipping to have a 5 gallon container shipped to me - especially after the price hike on APC+), I'm looking for a replacement since I forgot to stock up before it left. I've never used APC as I never felt a reason to with how much APC+ impressed me. Is APC just as impressive?

What about dilution ratios? I've loved having a bottle of 4:1, 7:1, and 10:1 to use depending on what's needed. Should I keep these same ratios with the regular APC, or to get similar results will I need to make these ratios stronger?

Also, is there anything that APC just isn't effective at compared to APC+?
      I plan on adding the new Detailer line interior products with my next order to compliment APC if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys!!
      Buy Meguiars D10101 All Purpose Cleaner with an everyday low price and fast shipping! JB Tools

Shipping is $6.99

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Here is the description on D101. From what I remember D101 is foaming versus D103 being low foaming. Hope this helps. But it sounds like D101 would be a suitable replacement.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

D103
          a fast-cleaning, low-foaming cleaner for all automotive surfaces.

meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 cleans almost anything! Clean carpet, vinyl, engines, tires, upholstery, leather, clear and colored plastics, and glass. Meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 can be diluted to suit any job. Clean every surface with a single product!

meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 is an old favorite of many meguiars fans. It’s as versatile and effective as all purpose cleaner but apc+ has a pleasant orange scent. Professional detailers can totally clean the interior of a car with meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 and leave a nice scent behind.

Meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 can be diluted to suit any cleaning challenge. For heavy duty jobs – engines, tires, and fender wells – dilute apc+ 4:1. For medium strength cleaning inside the vehicle, dilute apc+ 10:1. Of course, you can adjust the dilution ratio if needed.

meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 is excellent for hot water carpet extractors. dilute apc+ 64:1 to create a deep-cleaning, low-foaming solution. The carpets will not feel soapy or sticky thanks to the low-foaming dilution.

Meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 cleans all these surfaces:
          engine bay
          floor mats
          dash and door panels
          clear plastic instrument panels
          tires and wheels
          fender wells
          leather
          vinyl
          carpet and upholstery
          molding and trim

adjust meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 to suit your needs. Meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 is a great value. It’s highly concentrated and versatile. apc+ could replace a whole shelf of surface-specific products. it’s no wonder that so many professional detailers rely on meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103 to save them money while giving their customers fantastic results.

Simplify your detailing process with meguiars all purpose cleaner plus d103
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

D101
            use on carpet, fabric, vinyl, and leather for all-over interior cleaning!

all purpose cleaners are often more effective on some materials than others, making them less than “all purpose”. You wouldn’t use your all purpose household cleaner on your leather seats, for example. But meguiar’s new all purpose cleaner is the stand-out in the all purpose bunch. Mixed to order, this cleaner is suitable for all the interior surfaces in your vehicle, including seats, carpet, and even leather!

meguiar’s all purpose cleaner is a new product for meguiar’s professional detailer line. This highly concentrated formula is recommended for commercial use. mix it with water to the desired strength and you have a customized cleaner for all your interior surfaces.

all purpose cleaner removes dirt from fabric, carpet, upholstery, vinyl, and leather and reconditions these materials so they resume their like new qualities. the alkaline cleaner and wetting agents produce a superior foaming action that is strong enough to lift dirt and grime out of floor mats, but gentle enough to safely clean leather. fabric softeners and brighteners rejuvenate your interior surfaces so they look and feel like a new vehicle.

Rather than filling your garage with specialized cleaners, all purpose cleaner is all you need for your interior. The gallon jug gives you enough cleaner to mix a strong solution for stubborn, stained seats or a weaker solution for delicate leather. one jug makes up to 10 gallons of cleaner! for light cleaning, mix 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner. For heavy duty cleaning, mix 4 parts water to 1 part cleaner.

The 36 oz. Detailing bottle is perfect for application of meguiar’s all purpose cleaner. Measurements are clearly marked on the side of the bottle so you can mix the perfect solution for any soiled interior surface.

For all-over interior cleaning and reconditioning, meguiar’s all purpose cleaner is an unbeatable bargain. One jug makes 10 gallons of multi-purpose cleaner for all your interior surfaces!
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the descriptions Guz, that helps, and it sounds like there isn't too big a difference between the two (mainly the non-foaming quality of D103).

Meticulous-Detail: thank you so much for that link. I just bought a gallon of APC yesterday, but mostly because I never found anything close to that deal. I might just have to go ahead with the 5-gallon jug and work through the APC separately.

One other question since I've never used APC, what's it smell like?
              Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Both APC & APC+ are great products (I've used both)

I've been told APC+ is supposed to have better cleaning ability than APC - from my experience, both have similar cleaning properties.

I personally like APC+ because it foams up less than APC.
                Andy W.
                Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Y did they not just get rid of apc and leave the apc+ alone seeing how that's the more popular one?

Comment

They got rid of APC + due to new regulations that would not make it profitable.

APC + is the bomb and has a light orange scent

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

[QUOTE=
                      One other question since I've never used APC, what's it smell like?[/QUOTE]

To me it has a clean sent Its hard to explain, clean laundry maybe LOL but it smells good. Its the only one I have used so far. The foaming Is a nice feature for leather and interior but strong for use on the out side of the vehicle when diluted stronger.
                      2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                      1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                      1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                      1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                      1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
                        They got rid of APC + due to new regulations that would not make it profitable.
                        Interesting....if this is the case, why still keep it in 5 gallon containers? that's the odd part for me in the whole "getting rid of APC+" thing.
                        Dynamic Detailing

Comment

From what I vaguely remember. I was recommended to go with APC+ because it could be used for interior a lot better than APC due to it's low foaming qualities.

I was kind of bummed to hear APC+ got discontinued. I just ordered some APC and plan on using it more for exterior to save some APC+ for interior.

I will be looking into Optimum Power Clean or some other APC for interior when I start running low on APC+

Comment

So, I ordered the 5 gallon APC+ a couple days ago from JBToolSales.com that Meticulous Detail recommended. Great price ($47 plus $7 shipping!), but it may be all for not. I got an email from them this morning saying that it was back-ordered and if I'd be willing to wait a couple weeks; I said sure, no problem. A couple hours later I get another email saying that it "can't be shipped because it's corrosive, sorry" then a couple minutes later get another email saying that my order has been cancelled and that my account has been refunded not cool.

So, my new question (maybe to Meguiars directly), can the 5-gallon be shipped? Or were they messing with me for some reason and created a way out of the order. If it can't be shipped, is it only available to people in LA? And if it can still be shipped, anyone else know of any other places that might stock it for decent prices without exorbitant shipping prices, or is that just what I need to accept with the 5-gallon container. Thanks!!
                            Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Detailing.com says its hazardous and can only be shipped by ground freight. It's $82 plus shipping and free shipping if you spend over $150 (assuming the code applies to this). I believe they price match as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');