• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Measuring Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RD7673
    What are the negatives for both too much shampoo to water and too little?

As far as the too much shampoo to water, I can only guess the downside being the bottle won't last as long.

Too little shampoo to water wouldn't provide enough lubrication.

Any other ideas?
    Too much shampoo can shorten the life of your wax.

Too little may not be enough to lift off the dirt & contaminates, and as you said, not provide enough lubrcation.
    r. b.

Comment

i use the little measuring plastic cup that comes with the big liquid detergents.

Comment

Ha ha, good idea Mike! That does seem like it would be awfully convenient. Watch out, you may have started a trend!
        "Nice wax job rookie!"
        *Super Troopers*

Comment

Originally posted by rcknit
          i use the little measuring plastic cup that comes with the big liquid detergents.
          That's precisely what I use as well....

Keep in mind though, there are car wash shampoos on the market that require more and less than 1oz per gallon. Be sure to always follow the manufacturers recommendation.

Hyper-Wash is a prime example... at 400:1, it's a bit more concentrated than most.

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by RD7673
            What are the negatives for both too much shampoo to water and too little?

As far as the too much shampoo to water, I can only guess the downside being the bottle won't last as long.

Too little shampoo to water wouldn't provide enough lubrication.

Any other ideas?
            Using too much car wash solution can cause streaking problems and some times make rinsing all the car wash off the car more difficult. I think it's safe to say a lot of people over use their car wash solution based upon the more is better mindset.

If a little is good, then more must be better; but this is not the case with most products and especially car care products.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Some of you may recognize the container I use for my car wash soap.

Yep It's an old empty bottle of "Sta-Bil" fuel stabilizer washed out a few times. I like the fact that the bottle has increments of 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz on the side of the bottle so measuring out the recommended amount is effortless. Also it holds up to 16oz of soap, for Me that's 8-16 veh.

Right now I'm using Gold Class in the one bottle and have it measured out for the next wash down. I have been known to use NXT car wash also....NO I do not mix them together..... The new bottle of NXT seems to be a bit thicker and don't know how this bottle will work with it with such a small opening so time will tell.

Good luck
              Rich
              If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
              DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

It sure would be a god send if Meguiars could incorprate a 2 ounce measuring cup into the design of the larger car washing bottle cap,and maybe a line in it for 1 ounce,i would gladley pay the extra 5c for the sheer convinance,im sure this has been brought up thousands of times(sorry).

Comment

Hmmm, looks like I've found a use for that old MicroRestore bottle....

Tom
                  As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Beercan... Like the bottle idea!
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Measuring Car Wash

Plastic cup off Nyqyl/Dayqyl is 1 oz. Don't drink GC thinking it is Dayqyl.

Comment

Good idea Rich!

Even if I am a little late.
                        r. b.

Comment

this is kinda a modified version of Mike's idea...

go to walmart/target etc. and get a plastic drinking cup with a solid design for a couple bucks and measure out the car wash and make the line.

I prefer the plastic cup because the car wash comes out easier, they dont break for ever (if at all) and you can use the same one over and over again.

just what I do
                          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Have measuring cups gotten that expensive???

OXO measuring cup works just fine, I can put all I need into it, and not have to fill then empty (x5) for a 5 gallon bucket.
                            Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');