• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 5in AIO Pads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 5in AIO Pads??

So, over the past couple years I have come to the conclusion that my new favorite size pads are 5in pads (multiple reasons, but it just feels like the best fit for me). I love Meguiars 5in MF pads, but can't justify their price for my AIO jobs using M66 or D151, and they can marr the paint slightly, which isn't acceptable when only doing the one step.

I've about used up my stock of 7in yellow Meguiars foam pads, and I'm looking for suggestions about the best AIO type pad out there that I can get in a 5in size and I'd probably lean toward foam but could be convinced otherwise. I usually stick with all Megiuars stuff, but I'll probably bend on that here since they don't have a 5in foam option.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Important factors are durability, price, clean-ability and cutting ability (in that order since these won't be used for my more extensive and expensive jobs, just simple wash and wax jobs). Thanks guys!!
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: Best 5in AIO Pads??

I use 5.5" lake country flat pads. I have had no issues with them. Some like buff and shine pads as well. I don't have experience with those.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz, I've heard good things about Lake Country, but they have so many different kinds it's almost overwhelming, maybe I just need to do a little more research.

Anyone else use a 5 or 5.5 inch foam pad that they like and feel like it gives good results while using an AIO? Thanks!
      Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I'm like Michael - I use the 5.5in LC CCS pads. No issues here!
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

You can't go wrong with either one of these.
          Lake Country 5.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! - Choose your own pads! Select six foam pads of the same size in the colors of your choice. You know what pads you need better than anyone. Customize your own perfect pad kit! This specially ...

Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Flat Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! - Build your own perfect pad kit! Select six Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Flat Pads in the colors of your choice. You know what pads you need better than anyone. Customize your own pad kit ...

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack - Your Choice! - Choose any three of Lake Country's 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch foam pads for water-based polishes! Hydro-Tech Low Profile 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Foam Pads are made of European pre-polymer ...
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have used both LC and B&S extensively. Performance and durability wise, the B&S pads have on the LC pads. Much better balance, and never one pad delamination with the B&S pads. I have had few LC pads wobble and quite a few delaminate.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');