• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.O.S - What is this thing on my paint??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.S - What is this thing on my paint??

So a friend of mine owns a 2001 Chrysler PT-Cruiser GT...
    He had his car with the cover in the rain for 2 days and when he took the cover off, this is what he saw.
    I have no idea what it is, but I do know that a polish won't take off... - BTW it's on both sides of the car.
    Any advice? Thanks!

Re: S.O.S - What is this thing on my paint??

Has the car being repainted/re-cleared in the past??.

Comment

Just to add to my last post, I would say it is moisture trapped between clearcoat and basecoat.

Comment

i'll ask the guy if it has been repainted and I will update here.
        If it is moisture like you say, what is the solution for this kind of situacion??

Comment

Beginning of clear coat failure? I might try a couple IPA wipedowns to see if that dries up the trapped moisture. Park it in the sun to aid evaporation. In any event, I don't think that paint is long for this world.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Looks similar to the aftermath of an egg attack

Comment

So you used a polish and it did not work. Can you get a hold of some ultimate compound? If so you can try it on a small spot to see if it works.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

I tried some local polish they sell here in israel and i also tried the M105 on a small spot, did nothing, surface feels clean and smooth, looks like something that is beyond the clearcoat...

Comment

Looks like there was a little bit of moisture underneath the cover that etched its way into the clear similar to how water spots are etched in. I would try compound (m105 or ultimate) and see where that takes you.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');