• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake Dust Barrier & UW on rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Dust Barrier & UW on rims?

I got my hands on a few cans of Brake Dust Barrier, and had a quick question...If I use the BDB, do I still need to put UW on my rims as well? Should I put the UW and then the BDB? TIA

Re: Brake Dust Barrier & UW on rims?

All you need is brake dust barrier. It needs a clean surface to bond properly so no need to put UW or any other wax first.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz! Have you used the Brake Dust Barrier? Picked it up on the cheap, so figured I might as well try it,

Comment

Seems to work very well.

Just get them good and clean, and dry, then apply.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by cfilly View Post
          Thanks Guz! Have you used the Brake Dust Barrier? Picked it up on the cheap, so figured I might as well try it,
          Yeah I have. I like it. I actually just used it on the wheels that I just bought for my Camaro a few weeks ago.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');