• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer able to keep truck garaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer able to keep truck garaged

Well unfortunately when kids come along, they come with toys. My truck has now been demoted to sitting on the drive way instead of the garage.

My paint has already been corrected, more or less just just looking for some tips to keeping the finish looking good with out a garage.

I already have a feeling by being outside im going to be touching the paint less with quick detailers so the chances of adding hairline scratches will be eliminated which is a plus but on the down side the vehicle wont look like it just came off a showroom floor.

Anyways is the key for me just paint protection? I already use NXT and Ultimate Liquid. Thinking of just switching to Ultimate now for longer protection.

My game plan of washing the vehicle once a month at the minimum and using Ultimate Quick Wax to boost up the protection layer is really how I was leaning.

Any suggestions or tips? I dont really have winters living in so cal and where the car is im not going to run into any tree sap issues etc.

The trucks a 2007 Chevy Avalanche that I bought new in 2007 so my problem area will be the truck beds plastic but I just need to stay on top of it.

Again, Thanks guys

Re: No longer able to keep truck garaged

Dust isnt too bad... cant still shine through that. It is the overnight dew, or any sprinkles of rain that make the dust clump up and look horrible.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It's not that bad. My daily sits outside 24/7. All I do after I correct and seal, is routinely wash it and maintain it with products such as ultimate quik detailer after a wash and once a month I will use ultimate quik wax after a wash. It's been working just fine this way. I gave up on fighting the dust daily with a detail spray as it is a never ending battle. I will sometimes use a rinseless wash instead of a traditional 2 bucket wash.

For the black plastics, try something like ultimate black. Since we don't get too much rain here in CA it should last you a month. Then you can reapply as needed. I'm currently testing out ultimate black on a trim piece. After a week it still looks good even after the storm that just passed. If you want someting longer you can look into something like wolfgangs trim sealant or black wow pro.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Well ultimate blacks out. After one heavy fog I have product run all the way down the back end of the truck. Yuck! More work!

Is there cure time? Fog started rolling in about an hour after I finished.

Maybe doing the bed and having the sun bake it all day will improve results?

Comment

Ultimate black works best on a really clean surface. Some all purpose cleaner would be a good thing to use to prep the surface. Once you apply it and work it in. Let it sit for about 10-15 min and then do a light buff. Give it another shot but next time without the fog.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');