• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help removing application of Meguiar's M17 Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing application of Meguiar's M17 Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner

Hi, I'm a new member here and my primary reason why I joined here is because I really need help on a certain issue. I just applied the Meguiar's M17 Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner onto the surface of my laptop but I applied too much on some areas and now it looks horrible.

Based on what I've read on the product packaging and on the product description M17 Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner which is found here:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.meguiars.com/en/professional/products/m1708-clear-plastic-cleaner/
    , the product is non-abrasive and waxes the surface, giving it a glossy look.

Is there any product or way out there to remove the application of the said product without damaging the surface of my laptop? I'm looking for cleaners that are non-abrasive and is capable of removing the application of M17 Mirror Glaze like nothing happened.

Is the Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner capable of this?

Thanks.

Re: Help removing application of Meguiar's M17 Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner

Any chance you can share some pictures of what this looks like? What part of the laptop was this applied to where you had issues - just the plastic body or the screen?

Often times, a fresh application of the same product (and a quick wipe/removal) will remove older, dried product of the same kind. "Like dissolves like," is the concept.

However, if it isn't dried excess product, we may need a different approach.

Can you describe your application process (method, timing, etc)?

Comment

I'm wondering if its been applied to the finely textured screen that is on some models of laptops?
      Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

Re: Help removing application of Meguiar's M17 Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner

Quik Interior Detailer would be my recommendation.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');