• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subway Van with Yeast smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway Van with Yeast smell

Hey everyone, I am doing one of my first full Interior Details on Sunday and I'm nervous to perform! I have a Mommy work van that apparently works for Subway and has bad yeast smells. Any tips or tricks to make her happy without breaking my back to get it done? I have Eco-touch odor eliminator, Tuff Stuff Carpet Stain Remover, good smelling waterless carwash that will clean up the interior well, a Mcculloch MC1275 steamer. Those are most of the materials I have available. What tips or ideas do people have for me on this? Anything helps!!

Re: Subway Van with Yeast smell

Check to see if this particular van has a cabin air filter and if so, change that first. These are usually located behind the glove box and cost anywhere from $15 - $35 at most auto parts stores, depending on the brand and whether you get just a fiber filter or the more expensive activated charcoal filter. But not all vehicles have these, so check the owner's manual and see if there is one.

For the odor elimination, I have used the Meguiar's Air Refresher that works like a "bug bomb". Run the engine and set the A/C to high and re-circulate, put the "bomb" in the vehicle, close the windows and lock the trigger spray on the canister. Run for 15 minutes, then shut the car off, open the windows and let it air out for 10 - 15 minutes. This product encapsulates the odor molecules and gets into the fabric but leaves no messy overspray. It says it's "new car smell" but it's not quite like that, although it is a very pleasant fragrance. I smoked cigars for about 6 years in my 7 year old Toyota Tundra. After changing my cabin air filter and doing a deep clean on the interior, I fired off one of these canisters and had exceptional results - no more stale tobacco smell. I don't smoke in the truck anymore and two months after using this, I still have a fresh, clean smell in the cab. Walmart carries these for around 7 bucks.

Comment

Well the first thing I'd do is read the instructions for the Eco touch odor eliminator.

Comment

The instructions explain how to use the machine to eliminate odors.

Comment

Before you run the echo touch, and before you trigger a Meguiars air refresher, the key is to find and removes the source of the offending oder.

Comment

Re: Subway Van with Yeast smell

The Eco-Touch Odor Eliminator is actually a spray not a machine. Yeah those are good tips, The air filter, and searching out the actual source. Any other tips would be appreciated! Thanks

Comment

Treat it as a smokers car. Obviously scrub anything and everything, use ur steamer on the headrest, inside the vents, seatbelts, etc. replace cabin air filter but while its removed spray a deodorizer in the intake outside by the windshield cowl, with the fresh air on ac and then do it with the heat on. If u had a ozone machine use that, and then finally set off ur meguiars bomb.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');