• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#845 wax on new car. Need paint cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #845 wax on new car. Need paint cleaner?

Hi. I'm gonna put on some #845 protection on my Alpine White BMW. I'm literally holding it in my hand ready to go right now The car is two months old and I've washed it thoroughly every week. The paint is very good I think so I'll skip the polishing part. My question is do I need to clean it with Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or similar paint cleaners prior to waxing when the car is as good as new?
    Could it be the paint already is contaminated in a degree that a Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is needed?

Ro9

Re: #845 wax on new car. Need paint cleaner?

If you're happy with the paint, I would claybar before applying collinite 845...that is what I did with my then new white Impreza
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Try the baggie test on your paint (theres info on the forum about it if you search). If its smooth no need to clay, but I will say I bought a new 2015 car about 3 months ago after having it for 1 1/2 months I did baggie test and it needed to be clayed. Have to remember even though the car is new to you it has been other places before it got to you ie. factory lot, truck for shipment, sitting at dealership and it can pick up a lot of contaminents on the way! I too love #845 for my winter wax!

Comment

If it hasn't been waxed since you got it then clay and wax.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

For me, I would clean and clay the car. It would be best if the paint is as clean and contaminant free before applying 845.

Comment

U have to remember just cuz the car itself is branded as a 2014 or 15, the production date of the car could b 6 months to a year befor u got it. So it could prob always need a claying. Also polish is what shines so u mean more of a compound. But even so even new cars sometimes can use a compound just cuz u just received it u need to look at it thoroughly. But if Allstate well clay, polish, wax is my suggestion for an ultimate look.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');