• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help removing fine scratches from wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing fine scratches from wheels

Have a set of 01 Mustang Cobra wheels that are polished and clear coated. They are in excellent shape except for these really fine scratches all of the face of the wheels. Unless they are in direct sunlight you cant even see them. I tried 105 by hand and with a 3" pad on my DA and they look better, but it didnt really remove any of the scratches. What else can I do here? The wheels are off of a very low mile car and are perfect other than these fine scratches. I almost wish they didnt have the clearcoat so I could just polished the aluminum but unfortunately thats not the case.

I have a few good photos of the problem, but for some reason cant post any attachments. If some can edit my permissions I could add photos so you guys can see exactly what Im talking about.
    1987 Buick Grand National
    1999 Buick Regal GS
    1990 Mustang GT Convertible
    1996 SVT Cobra

Re: Help removing fine scratches from wheels

I know you say they are fine scratches but can you feel the scratches with your finger nail? Also is the DA spinning? Another option may be to try using a dynacone with some M105 or M205.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');