• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messed up big time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up big time!

I don't know how I managed to do this, but I backed into the garage last night about 12" further than I usually do and backed into the big 55 gallon garbage can that sits behind my spot. This is the result:

I rinsed the area with water to flush the large particulates off the car (it got dusty fast!), and then used quick detailer on it. I then used Ultimate Compound on it with my cheap Walmart purchased orbital buffer, 3 times. I then hand applied Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax. Here are the results:

You can't really see it to well, but there are some scratches left. The stuff I used really did diminish the damage, but didn't totally erase it. Can it be totally cleaned up? Do I need a more aggressive compound or a more aggressive application method (like a real DA polisher or the Meguiar's DA Polisher for the power drill)? Thanks for any advice you can provide and I'll try to get better pictures of what it's looking like now.
    2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Re: Messed up big time!

If they are not stress cracks then you can still minimize or correct it. You can invest in a DA or you could also invest in the DAPS system. If they are indeed stress cracks then a repaint is the only fix.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I don't think they are stress cracks. I had a buddy look at it today and he said his DA with the proper application pad could take it out no problems!
      2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Yeah it's hard to tell from the photos. If they are just in the paint then I would try M205 and a polishing pad first and if you need to get more aggressive move to ultimate compound and light cutting pad.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');