• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made progress but new questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made progress but new questions

I was able to clean the door sills off, and removed all of the rust spots. 2 spots were in fact weld spatter that did not get wiped down. Luckily the spatter was loose and came off. I will be placing touch up paint on it and I have waxed the sills with gold class spray wax for now. Definitely an area lots of people over look.

I am in need of a wheel cleaner. These are listed as "gloss black aluminum wheels" in the build sheet. I'm not sure between the aluminum wheel cleaner and the all wheel and tire cleaner.

The other question is have, is there way to clean this off the trunk without going through washing the whole car? The rest of it looks great but I'm not sure if it's too big of a job for spray detailer or not. I am tempted to put some car soap and water into a spray bottle. Even with a Nikon DSLR it's a pain to get accurate pic of dirt on a white car lol. It's a bit worse than what you see here.

Re: Made progress but new questions

I'd probably look at the Detailer Line Non Acid Wheel Cleaner... tend to use a lot of wheel cleaner, so bulk is nice.

Dont see your pic... But a QD or waterless wash product could be used... the waterless wash types could be used for heavier dirt. Its almost like soap in a spray bottle, but wipes off a bit easier.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');