• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detail spray or quick wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detail spray or quick wax

Which is a better option for drying standing water on your vehicle? Quick wax or detail spray? I have used uqw typically but what pro's or con's for either? Any information is helpful thanks in advance

Re: detail spray or quick wax

Usually detail spray. But before you do that, how dirty is the car? You may be better off using a rinseless or waterless wash.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Agree with the guz on the rinse less such as ultimate wash and wax anywhere.

What I like to get my routine down to is only use the detailer for a few days after I wash the car and only if it hasn't rained, if it has and anything longer for a week since I last washed I would use a rinse less. And really the only time I use my spray wax is after a wash inbetween my waxings.

I like to wash weekly, and wax monthly assuming I have time and such. It is unnecessary to wax monthly really but I enjoy it and just don't feel right if I don't when I'm giving my car the full detail.

Comment

If you were thinking of after washing, I like to go around once with a dry towel quickly to get the bulk of the water, then once with a second dry towel and the UQW spray, overspraying everything and drying. Get the benefit of some wax protection that way.

If you mean after the rain, yeah, need a QD or waterless wash type that will have the lubrication to deal with dirt.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks guys. And yes it would be pertaining to after a wash I'm just using either products as a drying aid to eliminate or atleast greatly reduce the chance of any water spotting while drying the vehicle. I also very often use the sheeting technique along with my metro sidekick or a electric leaf blower

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');