• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel engine detail help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel engine detail help needed

Guys
    Are there any gotchas I need to know about before detailing a diesel engine?
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Re: Diesel engine detail help needed

Hey Buddy! I've pressure washed hundreds of diesel engine using a 3000+ PSI Hotsy pressure washer when I worked for a western star dealership, and never had any problems I just use common sense and inspect all wire's and connectors and stay'ed away from the air filter system/s and held my wand back away at a good distance.

I like using Purple Power after I break up and get most of the loose grease, dirt and grim off from around engine compartment and components then use different brushes to get in and around components and surfaces.

I'm not a fan of applying any kind of dressing's in or on any component or plastics, I use D155 Last Touch, D101 APC diluted 10:1 or my D120 Glass cleaner mixed stronger for adding a clean look to the plastics and a lot safer in my opinion.

Hope that helped
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Is it an older engine ? Or newer ? I havent done any myself but i would treat it the same as you would with a newer or older gas engine. Never pressure wash directly into connectors ( steady aiming i mean, going over them should be fine), cover alternator with plastic bag as precaution . Like i said i dont have experiance with it personally but i would treat it just like a normal motor.

Comment

Instead of plastic bag I like to use aluminum foil cuz it conforms to the shape, u could use both. Not like Dan said common sense and stay away from electricals. That's wher the foil comes in. Meguiars water based dressing is great for shine on plastic parts, and any kind of degreaser works such as meguiars super degreaser. But Dan hit it on the head, he a smart man here on MOL.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I've cleaned gasoline engines but didnt know if diesels were any different.
          Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
          2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Comment

I just reread my post and damn autocorrect. It said not like dans said and it was suppose to b ALOT like Dan said.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');