• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protection for boat deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection for boat deck

I have an old 45' Cary with a large, flat front deck. It tends to become the party platform of choice in the summer, with quite a few people standing on it (this was a slow day )and crosssing over it when boat hopping. Any suggestions for a protectant that will be safe to walk on and yet still protect the deck?

Rick

Wow!

That looks like some boat!

All of our waxes will add protection, but as a side-effect they will tend to make the surface smooth and glossy, I actually don't know of a wax that actually doesn't improve gloss and slickness when applied correctly, that also protects.

I'll look into this, but I think your best bet in the Meguiar's line will be to use a product like our M50 Cleaner/Wax in either the paste or liquid version.

Meguiar's One-Step Cleaner/Wax

Because people are walking on it and more than likely grinding dirt into the finish, a cleaner/wax that cleans, polishes and protects would be the way to go. If you use the liquid version it would be very easy to apply and remove by machine.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, it does make quite the party barge . Looks pretty good for a 1984 hull.

We hit the rub rail down with a coat of Cleaner wax and the rotary, then boat/rv polish with the pc and then a coat of Flagship by hand. The fiberglass really seemed to **** up the wax, so i will be putting another coat of Flagship on this weekend before the boat hits the water. Took 2 of us 8 hours to do from the rub rail down.

Looking forward to your response, the deck really does take a lot of abuse, but I do want to keep it safe

Rick
      Last edited by rstorer; May 12, 2005, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');