• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip on quickly removing dirt before starting to polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip on quickly removing dirt before starting to polish?

Hey guys,
    I try to work on my car every other day or so. I'm really busy with college.
    So I do a panel or 2 everyday.

So if I start a door on Monday, I give the car a full wash. But then If I wanna complete my work on Tuesday say, I don't want to wash my whole car again. I also live in a an apartment so no hose

You guys got a good tip? Water spray? Squeegee?

Thanks!

Re: Tip on quickly removing dirt before starting to polish?

I would use meguiars quick detailer to remove the dust or meguiars final inspection. But if your going to polish and you have already clayed. Remove the dust with only lubricants that don't leave behind polymer protection, so an example of a product not to use is Meguairs ultimate quick detailer.
    Jeremy Dixon

Comment

If you have very light dust then a quick detailer is ok. But I would recommend you look into a rinseless or waterless wash. D114 and D115 are available in the detailer line and you have Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere available locally.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations.

It's also tricky to work on my car because of the rain. It is raining day after day over here.

Comment

Invest in a gallon of D114 Rinse Free Express Wash.

Different dillutions mean you can setup a rinseless wash bucket with plently of clean microfibers that's always ready to go..

Gamma seal lid ensures your towels remain clean and fresh for you to use whenever you want.

Mix up a bottle at 1:128 and use it as clay lube.. You might find it works great as a waterless wash.. Or for those emergency situations where you need to act fast...

Bird bomb?

No need to panic, just grab your pre dilluted dispensor bottle.

Bird bomb, meet D114. Bird bomb wipes away

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');