• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

duct tape residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duct tape residue

I am new to detailing and need some help. When my car was broken into all I had to cover the broken window was garbage bags and duct tape. After washing and waxing the car I noticed some adhesive residue on the paint. What is the best way to removing the residue without damaging the finish?

Also, the replacement window I got at the junk yard has a lot of minor scratches.what is the best product to fix the scratches?

Re: duct tape residue

I am sure someone will pipe in with some Mequiars product however I have used simple paint thinner (Varsol) to remove duct tape residue. It will not harm the paint, but it will remove wax so you will have to wash the area to remove the Varsol residue, and then re-wax.

Comment

I've had good success using goo gone to remove emblem adhesive. 3M adhesive remover is another product that works well. These will not harm the paint.

Regarding the glass maybe ceriglass

Glass Repair Kit - The next best thing to replacing glass Polish scratches out of glass with the Glass Repair Kit. Polishing glass sounds intimidating but weve has taken the fear out of glass correction with this user-friendly kit. These products ...

Perhaps Mike Stoops can give you another alternative for the glass.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Glass is much harder than paint, so you need an aggressive compound or a dedicated glass polish.

However, if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, that generally means you won't be able to polish them out.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Goo Gone works as well as WD40. Let the product sit on the glue so it has time to work and it will disolve the glue. You will need to rewax the area after. good luck

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');