• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

door will cover scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door will cover scratches

I have a 2014 edge with metallic .. I think.. Door sill protectors... For some reason they scratch real easy.. What's the options for removing the scratches ??
    MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
    FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Re: door will cover scratches

Do you have any photos to see what you are referring to.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Do you have any photos to see what you are referring to.
      I can upload one asap.. But it is the will plate when you enter the car
      FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

It's probably got a clear coat on top of the metal. In that case, you can treat it like paint and polish it.

Actually, even if it's bare metal, you can still polish it. In either case, do a test spot with the mildest product.

To tell whether it is clear coated, apply polish to a test spot. If your applicator turns black, then it's bare metal. If not, it has a clear coat.

btw, I'm assuming you mean door sill cover and sill plate
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          It's probably got a clear coat on top of the metal. In that case, you can treat it like paint and polish it.

Actually, even if it's bare metal, you can still polish it. In either case, do a test spot with the mildest product.

To tell whether it is clear coated, apply polish to a test spot. If your applicator turns black, then it's bare metal. If not, it has a clear coat.

btw, I'm assuming you mean door sill cover and sill plate
          It def feel bare.. If it it just use a metal polish?

Comment

Yep.... But if you don't have any, a paint polish can work too.

Can you feel the scratches with your fingernail? If so, you probably won't remove them, but you can improve them.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
              Yep.... But if you don't have any, a paint polish can work too.

Can you feel the scratches with your fingernail? If so, you probably won't remove them, but you can improve them.
              Yea I can feel them.. Just looking to make them look better .. Thanks for your help.. Now if it WL be warm finally I can start detailing.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');